Kelli was able to hit a couple of large milestones today. She was able to walk supporting herself on parallel bars and with the help of her physical therapist. She also had lunch for the first time...fiesta chicken, grape juice, and a small bite of twix! She didn't eat much for dinner but is learning to eat again after three plus weeks without eating with her mouth. She continues to make progress and tries very hard to improve. It will take time for her to get her short-term memory back. Until then, she works on getting her right arm moving which continually improves and gaining mobility. I was passed off on wheelchair safety with her so at this point, I can take her to other areas of the hospital and to the outdoor garden by myself with permission of course. We are becoming more independent every day but have a very long road. Tomorrow is a new day with plenty of therapy and new challenges. Take care everyone! ChauncyThank you for all the wonderful comments! All the prayers and support continue to bless Kelli and Chauncy. Thank you for the continued support and energy that help encourage Kelli and Chauncy to keep going. Kelli, you continue to amaze us with your fighting spirit. Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to us all!
I think about you often, Kelli, and your recovery and especially when I go to work as I work directly across the street from Craig at Swedish Hospital.
ReplyDeleteI am rooting for you and am amazed at your progress so far...you go girl! If I see you all hanging out in the Skybridge, I will be sure to wave! : )
Char (Hauge) Delaney
Thinking and praying for you guys! We are glad to hear of Kelli's progress and pray that it continues!
ReplyDelete