Monday, January 24, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend Together

The weekend has been really nice.  Kelli doesn't have her normal schedule on the weekends so we get to spend a lot more time together which is nice.  Her memory is improving rapidly on day to day events.  We were able to get outside a couple of times saturday and sunday but not for very long because it's been a bit chilly.  Kelli enjoyed getting out and getting fresh air.  She asks about the kids more and more frequently and is yearning to see them.  I should be able to consult with the doctors tomorrow to see when we can give her more information and let her be with the kids.  She realizes much more that her right arm isn't working well and is starting to focus on it herself in order to get it working again.  This is a big improvement because she understands that she'll have to work hard at getting it working and is making efforts and following suggestions to improve it.  She had several visits today from family and friends and is really getting her wits about her.  She smiles and laughs, makes jokes from time to time and seems to be enjoying herself much more.  The kids are doing well and are healthy (I continually pray for their health so I can focus on Kelli without worrying about them more than I already do).  My brother Justin is here and will be here to help us out for a bit.  My Mom, Dad, and sister were able to spend time with us this weekend which was really nice.  And of course, Oma continues to hold the camp together with the kids.  Tomorrow is a very full day of therapies for Kelli and I'm looking forward to more progress with her.  I'll update again tomorrow.  Thanks again for all of your love and support.   --Chauncy

1 comment:

  1. Chauncy and Kelli,

    Our prayers are with you and we think about you all the time. If anyone can do this it's Kelli. Heath always thought she was tough when she went down to Texas and was a technician. We love you guys and know you'll make it through this better than anyone could.
    Heath and Jennifer Petersen

    ReplyDelete