Saturday, January 29, 2011

Let the Sun Shine!

Kelli went through several assessments today.  These are done in order to figure out how to best help her with any weaknesses she may have as a result of her injuries.  Her therapists also spent time assessing my ability to keep Kelli safe so that I can bring her to the apartment for short periods of time over the weekend.  I've also been trained to help her walk a little bit and keep her safe so that she can work on her walking over the weekend.  We were able to spend some time outside today and it felt great...it was 60 degrees out this afternoon and the sun was bright.  Kelli loved the fresh air and sunshine.  It was really nice to be outside for a longer period of time and soak in the nice weather.  I was able to go out with my brother, his daughter Amelia, and Milli this evening for a hamburger and shake.  It was nice to get away for a bit and just be with our daughters.  I think it's important to get some more one on one time with the kids when I get a chance, it's healthy for all of us.  Kelli was also able to spend time with Logan and Milli today and they really seem to brighten her spirits.  I'm excited for Kelli to get to spend some time in the apartment with the kids tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.   --Chauncy

*** Don't forget about your "Team Johnson" photos due Feb. 8th!  Also, don't miss update with information on the Johnson Family Benefit Fundraiser to see what you can do to help!  As always, we appreciate all the prayers and support!*****

No comments:

Post a Comment